Date: November 19, 2021
Time: 10:00 a.m. to Noon Central Time
Topic: Social Isolation: Why It Matters and Innovative Program Models
Co-sponsors: Illinois Coalition Mental Health & Aging, CJE Senior Life, the E4 Center of Excellence for Behavioral Health Disparities in Aging, and Rush University Medical Center
- Recognize the impact of social isolation on older adults.
- Identify strengths-based interventions to mitigate the impact of social isolation among older adults.
- Describe a variety of program models aiming to address social isolation among older adults
- Sharon Dornberg-Lee, LCSW, Clinical Supervisor of CJE SeniorLife, Counseling Services
- Susan Real, MS, Executive Director at East Central Illinois Area Agency on Aging, representing I4A
- Julie Schubach, LSW, Senior Resource Center Director, Family Service of Champaign County
- Colette Jordan, Caregiver & Dementia Specialist & Alaine Kvedaras Health Promotion Specialist, Age Guide Northeastern Illinois
- Michelle Newman, MPH, Rush University Medical Center