It is estimated that 20% of people 55 and older experience some type of mental health concern—over 618,000 adults in Illinois.
Let’s work together to help them.
Join the Coalition
What’s happening now?
- Illinois Coalition on Mental Health and Aging Meeting Notice
- Mental Health Care Cuts Threaten Access: Report and Interviews
- Reauthorization of the Older Americans Act in 2015
- Medicare Formulary Improvement Act of 2015
- Illinois proposed state budget cuts for FY2016
- Grants to Integrate Behavioral Healthcare and Primary Healthcare for Older Adults
Why should you join?
Many of these individuals face barriers to treatment and recovery. The Illinois Coalition on Mental Health & Aging works to improve access to behavioral healthcare and supportive services for older adults with mental health concerns in Illinois.
Who is the coalition?
The Illinois Coalition on Mental Health & Aging is comprised of 20 community-based member agencies and organizations and over 50 individual members across the state of Illinois. The Coalition is governed by a Board of Directors including consumers, advocates, and professionals.
What does the coalition do?
- We promote awareness about the facts of mental health and aging
- We advocate for public policies on mental health and aging issues
- We provide opportunities for continuing education and training
- Meet the Board of Directors
What are the benefits of membership?
- Legislative updates and advocacy alerts on the national scene and at the state level
- Notices of continuing education and training for consumers and professionals
- Collaboration with consumers, advocates, and professionals
Join the Coalition today…
The Coalition welcomes consumers, students, individuals, participating organizations, state agencies, and sponsoring organizations to join us. Our membership year is July 1st through June 30th. We offer several membership categories with affordable annual dues. Click below to complete your membership application.